The Inkosi is a family of folding knives that will claim the position of Chief alongside the iconic Sebenza. This design continues to push the characteristics of the Integral Lock, blade strength, pivot and lock tolerances as well as overall ergonomics.
A carefully developed hollow grind, strengthened pivot, and sturdy lock up were the starting points for this family of Inkosi folding knives. While challenging the standards of the Integral Lock, the Inkosi is the most overbuilt knife of its kind, a true testament of strength. Using a ceramic ball as an interface for the lock bar to the blade tang, it ensures a lifetime of consistent lock up.
This is the first time Chris Reeve has been able to use twin, oversized washers with an Integral lock. The washer diameter is wider than the blade securing zero sideways play. With larger lubrication holes there is even less surface area of friction. With the Large Hollow Grind technology, they use a shallow radius to add more strength to the blade, making it halfway between a flat grind and a standard hollow grind.
- At 97 HRC, the strength of the ceramic ball end lock provides a lifetime of consistent lockup
- Mounted Pocket Clip rests on the back face, eliminating the possibility of pressure on the lockbar and provides a more ergonomic grip
- Large Hollow Grind, a more shallow radiused grind, provides a combination of strength from a flat grind with proven sharpening longevity from a hollow grind
- Twin over-sized Phosphor-bronze washers
- Slip Through Stop Pin
- Large Pivot
- Blade Length: 3.60"
- Closed Length: 4.80"
- Overall Length: 8.40"
- Blade Material: CPM S45VN at 60-62 RC/ CPM Magnacut at 63-64 RC
- Blade Thickness: 0.140"
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Grind: Hollow
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Handle Material: 6Al4V Titanium
- Handle Scale Thickness: 0.150"
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pivot Assembly: Washers
- Pocket Clip: Titanium (Tip-Up, Right Carry)
- Double Thumb Lug: Titanium
- Stop Pin, Pivot Pin, Backspacer: Stainless Steel
- Weight: 4.96 oz.
- Designer: Chris Reeve
- Made in the USA