Prefer your Kershaw-Emerson's on the larger side?
Then we’ve got good news: the CQC-9K. It’s one of the biggest of the bunch and offers both maximum Emerson look-and-feel as well as maximum Kershaw build quality.
The big drop-point blade is 3.6 inches of black-oxide-coated 8Cr13MoV stainless steel for good edge retention, hardness, and wear resistance. There’s a slight recurve in the blade for enhanced cutting of rounded materials, such as rope, hose, or zip ties.
The handle is contoured to fit the hand (yes, even your big hand) like a glove. The front scale is textured G-10 for a secure grip. The handle back is steel, black-oxide coated, and features a secure frame lock.
This manual knife opens with a thumb disk or the famous Emerson “wave shaped opening feature” that lets you open the knife as you withdraw it from your pocket. There’s also a convenient hole for a lanyard and the pocket clip is left/right reversible.
- Manual - There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 3.6" (9.1 cm)
- Closed Length: 5.25" (13.3 cm)
- Overall Length: 8.8" (22.4 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Black Oxide Coating
- Handle Material: Black G10
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
- Weight: 6.4 oz. (181.4 g)
- Designer: Ernest Emerson